Thursday, January 6, 2011

Scawt Peelgrim DA MOOVIE

In short, I have been exposed to Brian Lee O'Malleys works before. Before today, I have both read the comic and seen the movie. I am not taking note of this in dismay however, as a matter of fact I am elated at any opportunity to re watch the movie no matter how many times I might have seen it before. Now, much to your imminent pain and misfortune, I am going to not do a direct review of the movie. I am however, going to do some hybrid between my commentary, a recount of the days events, and an actual review. Here goes.So I came to school today knowing we were going to be watching the Scott Pilgrim movie. I nearly creamed myself with joy at the sight of the blu-ray edition, because I now can enjoy my beautiful and crisp 1080p picture and wonderous uncompressed sound. However, I then reverse creamed when I found that Aaron doesn't have any hdmi cables for his ps3 and that was todays largest disappointment. Once I finally came to terms with the fact that I am going to be watching a blu-ray movie on a 1080p television receiving signal from a Playstation 3 in STANDARD DEFINITION, I had actually enjoyed the movie (again). The story is loosely based off of the graphic novels by BLO'M (yes I actually abbreviated Brian Lee O'Malley) with some changearounds in the plot structure, minor tweaks, and quite a few cut parts. Overall the movie is, put simply, a great movie. It also stays very true to the original graphic novels and conveys most of the themes very well. Scot Pilgrim gets my thumbs up for sure.

And now more games...

No comments:

Post a Comment